Sunday, March 08, 2015

I Hate Anxiety

So even though I read both 'Burnt Norton', part of 'East Coker', and 'The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock' before turning in, it was a night of restlessness.

I felt like I kept waking up and falling back into the same dream. Not so much a dream but less terrifying than a nightmare, but still completely anxiety-inducing.

There weren't any marker I can remember that pointed to the dream location as Welly but I was certain I was in Welly ... because dream logic.

In the dream, there were infected people who behaved like zombies but I know they weren't out to eat my face and brains. For example, one infected person kept reaching towards me, but all it wanted was to touch noses with me so it can transfer the red dot on its nose to me. But because my dream logic told me that when I got touched by an infected person the infection would pass to me, I was anxious to not be touched.

Basically, until I hear my weekend alarm ('Mr E's Beautiful Blues'), that was my dream. It was very tiring. Anxiety is tiring. Sigh.

Anyway, here's the one thing that saved me from my dream:

Just gotta keep telling myself, "Goddamn right it's a beautiful day."

No comments: