Tuesday, April 20, 2010

09:23 - two slices of multigrain toast with margarine and marmalade, and a hard boiled egg. Also: coffee with milk.




13:00 - instant pasta with fresh button mushrooms and the leftover of leftovers - shredded chicken breast from eons ago. Well, that's the last of the breast!




14:24 - green tea.




16:05 - only had the banana. Before pole prac.




21:20 - chicken porridge with garlic, and Spam.




Pole practice is okay, but I'm getting twinges in my left arm - something I haven't had in a long while. It's the result of over-straining the arm - could be the wrist, I'm not sure. It's like tennis elbow, I think.

I've been trying out the pole on 'spin' mode lately. It's weird how I use my strong hand (my right since I'm a right-hander) to climb, pull into inverts, and do spins etc., but I just can't manage to stay on the (spinning) pole doing this trick (1:32-7/3:50 of this vid - I love Mai Sato's strength and lines!) with my strong hand on top. Bizarrely enough, with my left hand on the top, I could do it just fine. Left hand on the top isn't exactly ideal for me if I want to transit to climbing the pole after this spin. For one thing, I'd be spinning in the opposite direction if I went from pole climb to mid-air straddle to scorpio or something.

Also, I've been trying to go from gemini into a handstand - I totally cannot find my balance! Argh! I used to be able to do this - long before I could do a press-to-handstand! I'm such a slow learner. I feel my repertoire of tricks diminishing ...



Still haven't found a job yet - and by that, I mean a job that I could even apply for. Sigh.

No comments: