Saturday, March 20, 2010

10:31 - 'Best Breakfast' cereal mixed with sultana bran, and a coffee.





14:00 - leftover brown rice and Burmese chicken stew. (Couldn't finish the rice - if anything, the sauce from the stew is even spicier today and made my tummy feel weird after.)




Between 16:00 and 18:00, C and I went to the Southeast Asian Night Market (although a pasar malam it definitely isn't). Before hitting the market, I had chips (from Cozy Cake Shop) which C ate her chicken wings. The market was small-ish, and very crowded. Lotsa delicious smells, but most stalls (regardless of ethnicity) offered some form of barbequed meats such as satay and sausages; there were also plenty of rotis and curries. More interesting were the desserts - I saw for sale the sugared braided donuts from my childhood! I had a dumpling from a box C bought (from a Malaysian stall), and a small meatball from her small bowl of mie bakso (from an Indonesian stall).

19:20 - dinner was a mixture of the goodies we bought from the night market: kuih ketayap (from a Malaysian stall), mung-bean paste filled sesame balls (from a Vietnamese stall), chicken cracklings (from a Pinoy stall), and chicken wings stuffed with a mixture of vermicelli, water chestnuts, onions, lemongrass, and peanuts (from Siem Reap). Also had a lemon-scented tea to wash down all the grease. (I eventually finished all four kuihs I bought - I mean, the coconut would've gone bad by tomorrow, right?)




20:33 - a naval navel orange.




My eating habits tend to be a little more erratic during the weekends for reasons unknown. Bah. More fruits and veges tomorrow.

No comments: