Friday, March 19, 2010

09:08 - C packed some of the leftover fried rice but left the nuggets, so I had the remaining leftovers for breakfast. And a coffee - which is a must.





13:06 - salmon sashimi from Mi Sushi. I like Mi Sushi a whole bunch, mainly because their sashimi is chunky, as are the fillings of their sushi (my favorite is their salmon and avocado sushi). It's not quite traditional, I think (?), but I love chewing on chunks of fresh salmon dipped in soy sauce - and the sashimi comes on a bed of fresh salad greens (baby spinach and rocket) too. This (or the salmon and avocado sushi) is usually what I crave on a hot day.




16:15 - had a coffee, a piece of multi-grain toast with marmalade, and a banana after I came back from Yan's. I did a decent amount of walking today (up to school, down to New World Metro, then home; then out again to Yan's) and didn't feel all too bad; the walking (and some stretching exercises I did after I came home) also helped with the terrible pain in my lower-back.




19:25 - dinner of brown rice, stir-fried baby bok choy with fried garlic, and Burmese chicken stew. Mine turned out to be much darker (wonder why?) but tasted okay, not too salty - perhaps too much ginger though. If I ever made this again, I'd use maybe just half of what I put in today. Could be my imagination, but I feel like my tummy's burned by the ginger. It's a sort of (spicy) heat I'm not used to cuz I've always hated ginger.




20:49 - a post-prandial lemon-scented tea, and a coffee-and-cream mochi. I mean, why not? TGIF after all ...




No orange tonight, I guess: too stuffed from dinner and the mochi.

So ... another year, another step closer to the grave.

No comments: