Monday, March 15, 2010

09:19 - breakfast of two soft-boiled eggs (I ate only one and a half though) and wheatmeal toast with margarine, and lemon-scented tea with honey. I wanted to make soldiers for my eggs, but decided it wasn't really worth the effort. I'm still trying different ways to making the soft-boiled eggs I'm used to; what I did this morning was to submerge an egg in freshly boiled water for three minutes, but it was still too raw, so I zapped it in the microwave set for defrost for less than a minute. It sorta worked.





12:53 - lunch of wheatmeal toast with leftover luncheon meat. I walked quite a bit today, which means I'm feeling better; I had lunch between my trip to Yan's, and my trip to Moore Wilson's.




15:58 - lemon-scented tea with honey, and a mochi with coffee-flavored filling (with a spot of real cream). My favorite type of mochi from St. Pierre.




19:23 - I'd been looking at one-dish meals this morning and saw some interesting ideas which I'll prolly try out later this week (or next). Tonight's dinner has been on my mind since last week. I was supposed to make it over the weekend, but didn't quite feel up to it. It's (coincidentally) a one-dish noodle meal, not quite japchae (etymologically related to the Nonya chap chye!), but a mix of japchae and dak galbi. Thin strips of carrot, onion, and cabbage are stir-fried with sesame oil and a bit of salt; then thin strips of chicken thighs (marinated in mirin, light soy, gochujang, and sesame oil) are stir-fried; finally, the dangmyeon, cooked veges, and chicken are all tossed together with more sesame oil, some chilli powder, and a sauce of gochujang, light soy, brown sugar, sesame oil, chilli powder, and water. I quite like this, but C doesn't, so I guess I'll be eating this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next three days or so ...




20:11 - three mango-flavored jelly for dessert (C wanted to be the hand model). These look just like the jellies I slurped in primary school! Unfortunately, the fruits at the places I visited today looked terrible, and I didn't feel like I was up to walking all the way to New World for naval navel oranges, so no orange for me today. =( But at least these are fruit-flavored jellies, right?




I've been hacking up or blowing out blood-streaked wads of phlegm these past two days. They're quite ... fascinating, really - and I quite look forward to seeing the next. C said I must've ruptured a blood vessel or something. Well, she's the ENT expert in this flat.

No comments: