Tuesday, March 16, 2010

08:35 - so what else can I be having for breakfast when I've a big pot of noodles sitting (and taking up precious space) in that tiny refrigerator? (Also with my trusty little tumbler of coffee.)





12:05 - was so famished I went to UniStop to get an Up & Go but the queue was so long, I went instead to the Quad Kiosk and picked up a banana and a ham and cheese scone/roll. The latter was actually quite decent, with sweetish dough and a surprise slice of sweet and juicy tomato under the cheese. NZD 4.70 for both items. (Honestly, NZD 1.20 for that small banana? I thus resolved - for the umpteenth time - to bring my own banana in the future.)




15:35 - a small black coffee and a mix of sultana bran and 'Best Breakfast' cereal (I remembered I still have quite a bit of sultana bran on my shelf which I stopped eating when I discovered and got hooked on 'Best Breakfast').




18:39 - it's C's birthday today (happy birthday, baby!) but I made a rather sad and pathetic dinner of white rice especially for her (because she doesn't like brown), mince beef with tofu and mixed veges in a garlic-black bean sauce, and a stewed pork dish I learned from my mom. I used lean pork loin (cut into 1" cubes) which was marinated in dark soy, white vinegar, and chinese cooking wine), then stewed with chinese dried mushrooms, dried chilli, and garlic cloves. It's supposed to be spicy, salty, and sour, and my dish (this is my second try) tasted nothing like my mom's. More trial by hot-plate needed. Instead of white rice, I had, of course, leftover noodles.




20:57 - a couple of post-prandial jellies. I really must cut down on my sugar intake. Soon. Tomorrow, maybe. =(




23:16 - a naval navel orange. We bought more oranges and nashi pears today! (They all cost more now; I wonder if it's just New World Metro, or just the passing of the season for these fruits.)




I'm nearly done with The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles (I keep feeling like I've already read parts of it, but I just can't remember the book I read those bits in). Glad I didn't read it when I lived alone and had very little daily contact with people - I'd have felt like Mr. Wind-up Bird deep down in the dark well.

Coughed madly last night and didn't sleep too well. Coughing made me wanna puke. Not sure why. Blew out and coughed up more colorful wads of phlegm today.

No comments: