Monday, March 08, 2010

08:54 - a sandwich of shredded roast chicken and a sliced hard-boiled egg, and my little green tumbler of coffee.





15:28 - 'Best Breakfast' cereal. (God, I love this.) A little late lunch as I left school only at 14:00 (was waiting for Peter's reply, and I got it!) and then hit the Asian supermart before heading home. Gulped this down, then left for New World at Wakefield to get groceries for dinner.




19:19 - dinner of brown rice, french beans with spicy beef mince (recipe here) which was surprisingly sweet although C found it spicy too, and cabbage and carrot with eggs (C's aunt's recipe, with just garlic, sesame oil, and salt for flavor).



22:58 - a naval navel orange.



Tomorrow, I'll go get finger-printed. Hope it goes smoothly. The CNCC form has the most inappropriate (and, I would think, invasive) questions. Honestly, I'm applying for a certificate of no criminal conviction; do you need to know my monthly salary, language stream in secondary school, my father's name, and my dialect group? Honestly ...

It's also funny that under the section "Reasons for application", the first field to be filled in is "Destination (state country emigrating to)", and two fields down, under "What are your reasons for emigrating? (please select only 3 boxes as the most important reasons and rank them in order of importance, with 1 indicating as the most important)", not only is the grammar wonky (also: after a question mark, shouldn't there be an uppercase rather than lowercase p?), the choices given are hilarious and reflect the prevalent trends for emigration:
  • High cost of living in Singapore
  • Singapore is too regulated and stifling
    [...]
  • Prefer a more relaxed lifestyle
    [...]
  • Do not want your son/s to serve National Service



If I weren't trying to fill in the form, I'd have found it a hoot. But as things go now, I'm Not. Amused.

1 comment:

me said...

HAHHAHAHA! the reasons are funny. i can laugh now but if i had to fill in something for malaysia like that i'd be afraid and only tick the 'other' box.