Wednesday, March 10, 2010

08:34 - multigrain toast with shredded chicken. Didn't go to school today because I was due at the police station to be finger-printed at 10:15.





08:54 - mochi from St. Pierre with a 'white' bean paste which was just a wee bit savory. Woke up just famished today; hence the extra food at brekkie. The mochi is very filling.




12:56 - met C for lunch; we took away from Kita-Q. Finally! I've been wanting to try it out since I read about that place. But since I was always at the Kelburn campus rather than Pipitea, I never got around to it. I got a tempura prawn onigiri and salmon onigiri, and shared some gyozas with C. Food was decent, and lunching in a shady grass patch by the Beehive on a sunny and breezy day was pretty damn nice.








16:29 - black coffee, a Farley's rusk, and two sugar butter-crackers. (I love rusks!)




19:19 - dinner of french beans with eggs (I love this!), stir-fried curried cabbage and carrot (I followed this recipe but held the black pepper and added coriander seeds) which I think I under-salted, cold tofu with sauce (hoisin mixed with light soy) and fried shallots (cold tofu idea from here), and brown rice. Pretty decent and filling vegetarian meal.




22:24 - a naval navel orange.




After getting finger-printed, I dropped off four books at the City Library, and borrowed many, many more - mainly graphic novels. The thing about reading graphic novels is that I not only need the book to have a decent narrative, I must like the style of the artist too. I put so many books I picked back on the shelf because I didn't like style of illustration; I really can't abide by the more chaotic styles and prefer clean lines (like Clowes, Tomine, and Watson, etc.). One of my finds was Baloney - it's just heart-breakingly and tragically adorable.

Also, I found another graphic novel similar to the creepy ones by Klimowski I once took out. Can't wait to get into that!

No comments: