Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sat night: Out of anxiety (for the ON translation test on Mon) and/or the movies I watched that day with C (The Cave, Apocalypto, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire), I had an anxious dream that night which involved Mrs. E. Lim and Mrs. Cheng. More than 10 years after being taught by them, I still dream about them - and usually (only) when I'm anxious. Hm.

Today: Made 3 Cup Chicken for dinner tonight. I came across several recipes - some called for fresh Thai basil, some called for spring onions and suggested the basil is optional - since I couldn't find any fresh Thai basil, I used spring onions. I couldn't find any shaoxing or huadiao wine either at Yan's, so I got (glutinous) rice wine, which is the only type of Chinese cooking wine there is.

I've never tasted 3 Cup Chicken before, but I was a little disappointed by my dish. C seemed to like it though, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes =) it is delicious

His Bitchness said...

you're not alone. i get nightmares of them still. guess i'm trumatized for life.