Thursday, April 08, 2010

Around 08:30-ish - a black coffee, and multigrain toast with leftover luncheon meat. This was after I threw the clothes into the washer.




Around 09:00-ish - that's a banana with a dollop of Nutella (and not some sort of dung as C said it looked like). This was after I threw the clothes into the dryers.




Around 12:00-13:00 - Shin Ramyun with baby bok choy and fresh button mushrooms.




Maybe around 16:30-17:00 - made a black coffee, with a new stash of matcha almond cookies, and these tiny babies from Cube Bakery. They put out awesome stuff sometimes. The four tiny cupcake-like things are a fantastic concoction of two of my favorite foods: chocolate, and figs. I had only one (saving the rest) and it was deliciously moist and chocolate-y and figgy and buttery. Also had a couple of the cookies.






Then I got hit by really bad gastritis. It started out mild and I could still prepare the vegetables for dinner, but then it got to where I couldn't stand upright without major discomfort. The most comfortable position (for my tummy) was for me to be on all-fours. C took over the cooking.


Around 17:00 - dinner of brown rice, french beans with scrambled eggs, a tofu stew (recipe here), and fish bites. I couldn't eat much (but I could eat, surprisingly - shows how greedy I am!), everything tasted pretty decent. I think.




Around 18:30 - finally, I had two small cups of hot Milo which seemed to sooth my tummy some.




Horrible night. I'm guessing it was the noodles at lunch and the black coffee after I came home from grocery shopping. The older I get, the more problems I have with my digestion - can't tolerate egg noodles much but pasta is gold. Weird. I prolly have IBS, in addition to being lactose intolerant.

All these are clearly pointing me towards a vegetarian, or at least pescatarian, way of life.

THIS. SUCKS.

On the other hand, maybe I should just follow a Japanese diet.

No comments: