Wednesday, April 14, 2010

08:48 - leftover dumplings from yesterday. (They came on a bed of sauteed shredded cabbage, onion, and carrot.)




08:56 - a (Chinese) pastry I bought from Cube Bakery yesterday. It had yellow bean paste in it - pretty nice. Also: coffee with milk.




11:22 - some Pringles.




12:25 - leftover mee goreng from last night.




13:53 - another coffee with milk, and a pineapple tart! Yes, that's a pineapple tart! (It tasted okay - I still prefer the ones we have back home during the Lunar New Year.)




17:16 - I didn't finish my coffee, but still felt the jitters coming on just as I was preparing dinner. So I had a Heller's sausage with ketchup.




18:35 - dinner of mixed rice (white and brown), baby bok choy with oyster sauce and fried garlic, and marinated (light soy, mirin, sesame oil, and white pepper) chicken nibbles with garlic and sauce (light soy, oyster, Thai sweet chili, sesame oil, and brown sugar). I liked this sauce!




21:14 - a navel orange.




I just had a look at my log at mon.thly.info and realized that my periods have been erratic with really long cycles. Could be the stress from my deadlines, but I'd skipped a period in Feb! This created the longest cycle on my log (which started in June 2008) at 44 days.

Not that I'm complaining about missing a period. I HATE having my period. It's always heavy. Even my doctor concedes that mine periods are prolly heavier than most women's. Which means I leak. A lot. If I slept on my back at night, my bed would look like a gruesome murder scene the next morning. I think even if I were fitted with diapers, I'd still leak. So I have to sleep on my side. Even then I still leak. Ask C.

Also, not only is my period heavy, it's LONG. 5 days is 5 days too long. Especially when you have backaches leading up to and during your period, not to mention cramps on the first couple of days. I have no energy and no strength during the first two days - which means forget about pole. I'm gonna have to find a way to fight this.

Alas: I used up my entire supply of Whisper Ultra Heavy Flows & Overnights. New Zealand, where the fuck do your stores hide the specific Whisper pads I need? I know you used to have them, but since I returned last year, I couldn't find them anywhere near me - not New World, not at pharmacies, nada.

Help! I do not like Kotex. Or Stayfree. Or the other crappy stuff that are available here.

No comments: