Friday, January 22, 2010

I've been schlepping to and from the dungeon - that's what I call level 0 of the school library (and it's a creepy place) - and today I finally stopped and saw and shot:











It is a little pretty.

This installation was put in some time in the four years I was away. C told me it was there to prevent further suicide attempts after some poor soul jumped down (the library has levels 0 to 9) and died.

Moral of the story: well, you never know when prettiness has its roots in the morbid.

The next are all shots of the girls' room:

a sticker above the mirror, L1 Rankine Brown


These are all from the inside of the doors of all three cubicles in the Old Kirk ground-level girls' room:



























There used to be so much more of these scribbling in the girls' rooms of Kirk and Cotton, but when I used them this year, I was disappointed to find everything scrubbed away. The cubicles in Kirk level 2 (I think) were especially awesome. I could sit in them forever just reading. It's a regular little forum, web 1.0.

No comments: