Thursday, July 30, 2009

The curry turned out rather well, I think. I quite like what turned up, even if it were a little too salty (and too spicy - for C).

I marinated boneless chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces) with salt, tumeric, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Then browned some potato cubes. The curry was made with frying minced garlic and chopped onions, Thai red curry paste, coconut cream, and water.

The preparation and cooking took about 2 hours though, including stir-frying some sugar snaps (I hate snow peas, but sugar snaps seem pretty okay) and carrots, and cooking rice (I cook rice in a pot on the stove).

Day before I made (rather unsuccessfully) fried rice with luncheon meat, chopped onions, eggs, garlic, and McCain's mixed veges.

Today I think I wanna try Asian-style stir-fry fusilli with beef mince, mushrooms, and McCain's mixed veges (I bought a 1 kg bag that I need to use up soon) ... but I might chicken out. We'll see.

Finished the ON translation. Now on to studying for the translation test. Sigh ...

No comments: