Sunday, May 17, 2009

I feel like I'm missing out on the fun my friends - my pole mates, specifically - are having back home. Performances, dinners, (pole) parties - and, of course, pole practices together. I feel like a wraith, floating about the outside of it all, looking in.

C & I did a movie night yesterday, watching The Man from Earth, Millennium Actress, and Burn After Reading. I love the first two (The Man from Earth highly recommended - it's thought-provoking and fascinating, and I'm gonna look for a copy of it; Satoshi Kon is as great as ever although I much prefer Paprika), but the last one was a bit of a disappointment.

Maybe one day I'll get to watch Tokyo Godfathers. I don't like anime generally, but I've been very fascinated by Satoshi's works since I watched Perfect Blue about 5 years ago, courtesy of Jen. (My eternal gratitude, Jen!)

No comments: