Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sarah McLachlan - 'Ice Cream'

Album: Mirrorball



This song's been in my head lately. I think it began with rewatching a bit of Better Than Chocolate - by accident, I might add - which, of course, was named for the song. That was almost immediately followed by finding myself listening to SY sing it at her wedding dinner.

She apparently loved this song, so she not only sang it at the wedding dinner to her husband, she had her bridesmaids put it as a 'task' in the 'traditional' list of usually-embarrassing stunts the groom and his entourage of 'brothers' had to pull to be allowed into the bride's home.

That struck me as ... ironic - because of something'd told me.



Finished re-reading A Zen Romance ... for the Goddess-knows-how-many-times since 1999. I find that it calms me down, and helps me deal with change and moving - a bit like This Place Has No Atmosphere which, alas, I'd outgrown (a little).

No comments: