Thursday, October 02, 2008

The sound of you sleeping

Learned a new word today, courtesy of my boss: Pavid. He'd insisted all Taurean women are pavid. Swear to god, this is a word I've never heard, seen, or read about in my entire life. Swear to god. This is why I was so attracted to my boss in the first place.

Told my parents over dinner what my boss'd told me about my job today; my mother kept sighing and telling me (in Mandarin), "Such a pity," and, "such a waste."

When I told them about what Gabriele'd said about how my boss felt about me, my dad chuckled, and my mother said (in Mandarin), "Some times it also depends on your 缘份 ..."

Don't know about that; I mostly only know about 有緣無份 ...

2 comments:

limegreenspyda said...

oh! for awhile, i thought it was a typo and you meant vapid!
taurean women are... control freaks and fishwives through and through!

Anonymous said...

me, i've never met two taurean women who are alike - they're all different.

what Mephisto meant was, they're all, you know, loud and seemingly boisterous, but are really pavid on the inside.

i quite like taurean women - good makan/drinking kakis =)