Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shivaree - 'Lost In A Dream'

Album: Who's Got Trouble



Mephisto must be getting to me.

Today, having trouble getting the brass monkey (after visualizing it, breaking it down, and asking Geri for advice), I was ready to give up.

But since I can be very stubborn when I want to, I decided to give it one solid last try before putting the trick aside for next week. As I positioned and prepped myself for the kick-up, my boss's oft-repeated (Jedi) belief appeared out of nowhere in my head.

So I didn't try. I inhaled, then kicked up and went perfectly into brass monkey with none of those unslightly adjustments and repositionings. PERFECTLY. I was amazed.

Indeed, "there's no try".

I have my boss (and Yoda) to thank for helping me nail the brass monkey.

No comments: