Friday, November 27, 2015

Nothing

The ornare card ended up being completely ruined after the spray paint job because of a small malfunction, so I just crumpled it up and threw it away. I think the next time I make such a card, I'll draw the design out by hand on graph paper—which will help keep my perforations more or less uniform in distance too (not that it really matters).

And then this straw thing just didn't turn out as I thought it would ... sigh.

I'd envisioned a bowl. This isn't even remotely bowl-like. And it's kinda flimsy. Worse: it looks like a fucking tortoise. I'mma try to salvage this, maybe turn it into a hanging thing as Emily suggested.

Guilty reads:

I also re-read Tom Holt's Who's Afraid of Beowulf. This and Expecting Someone Taller are prolly my two favorite titles by Holt although I think I enjoyed them more when I was doing Old Norse and Old English classes (I'm also re-reading Grailblazers but it's only okay). Still trying to finish reading Meadowland ... sigh.

Working on designing a new "family tree"-type paper cutting for Rach but I'm all out of inspiration ... -_-