Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sick Day

So .. joy. My 'pop' in the chest during aerial yoga on Sunday manifested in pain just about dinner last night with circus/pole friends (especially two who just happened to be in town at the same time). It was so bad that I could only breathe very shallowly (which caused breathlessness) and couldn't cough, laugh, sneeze, etc.

Anyway, this gave me a sick day today. (Doc said the pulled pectoral muscle took a couple of days to inflame ... joy.)

Started the day with Dasvidanya which is sweet. Didn't have to cry because I didn't have to watch Amar die. The movie really just drove home the point that I must start living ... who knows how many years I have left?

Followed that with the two masala rom-coms I bought last year — Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Love Aaj Kal. The morals of both these movies are the same: you never leave a girl like Deepika Padukone; you'll always want to be back in her life. And why not? She's smart, talented, compassionate, and pretty.

Can't remember why I bought Jaawani in the first place. I should have liked it more since I like most of the cast and they're mostly very competent actors, but I think it's kinda a dumb movie. But it was fun during the show to go, "Hey, Evelyn Sharma and Nitin (i.e. Kunaal Roy Kapur) were in Nautanki Saala together!" / "Hey, Menaka and Nitin from Delhi Belly (pity they didn't share scenes; I've always thought Menaka and Nitin together would be like a house on fire)!", etc.

Love is a similarly dumb movie. It's not the fault of the scriptwriters; it's prolly the genre's fault. I do like rom-coms, but I guess they can't all be like 10 Things I Hate About You, Clueless, Easy A, or Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

Last movie of the day was The Film Emotional Atyachar (Vinay Pathak+Ranvir Shorey again!). It might've taken me three days (not consecutively) to finish watching this because it wasn't very engaging. I think the fact that Kalki Koechlin was in it made me finish watching. The denouement was a bit ... I dunno, like Raajneeti, I suppose. The body count just kept going up; the ones who didn't die you don't particularly root for either because they aren't sympathetic characters.

So many movies, so little time. Fuck, this is a terrible habit/compulsion I've developed ...

No comments: