Thursday, May 01, 2014

Day #26

Yay! Finished Emily's cutting — I woke up just itching and excited to finish it and now it's finally done! All I gotta do is find a suitable background paper. I'm thinking of something light-colored and textured, with a sorta subtle marbled or complementary geometric pattern. A paper buying trip is in order, but ARRRGGGHH. Gotta work full day this Sat and won't have time. =(((

Then I gotta figure out how to present it cuz there's no way I'm going to do one of those temporary frames with the patterned tape.

I'm kinda proud of this cutting, really (despite the shitty-looking handwriting)! I think it turned out pretty decent.

An in-progress shot

Completed 'naked' shot of cutting on cutting mat

With different backgrounds

Got an idea for a cutting for Hazel's nuptials in June: silhouette of a kissing couple (preferably dancers with beautiful lines) on a calligram of a three-tiered cake, under a canopy of stringed beads or stars. Quote-wise (for the calligram), I'm leaning towards something from Night Circus (again) or maybe Shakespeare's Sonnet 116 (yeah, I know, boooooring). Unfortunately, dreaming up the idea is one thing; execution is whole 'nother ballgame ...

No comments: