Sunday, December 21, 2008

Watched (in this order): Being Cyrus (sorta funny, nice twist - Dimple! Kapadia!), Woh Kaun Thi? (sorta interesting; nice music), and Chak De India.

I totally love Chak De India! It's the Bollywood feel-good - enough tension and tears-swelling (with pride) moments to make it a thoroughly enjoyable ride - and as soon as it ended, I couldn't wait to watch it again, especially one of my favorite bits.

Women. Hockey. Kicking ass. 'Nuff said - what's not to love?

Well ... maybe the role of the coach could've gone to someone like Rahul Bose or Aamir Khan. SRK's tears-in-eyes shtick should be restricted to his family/rom-com movies. Every time I saw tears in his eyes in the movie, millions of Rajs and Rahuls, nightmares of assorted Karan Johar flicks, and SLB's Devdas flashed before my eyes.

No comments: